Friday, February 25, 2011

Ancient Poetry - Modern Form

it was a good ole time
way back when
my o my
do 
recall
:
when musicians could actually play instruments
?
now
they're  e c h o e s
through memory's halls.


I started using this form as poem thing a while back. Above. Stems from the idea in oldest poems being written in the actually shape of the thing they are written about. By old here I mean thousands of years old, coming from records of ancient China (where I live most of the time). I confess I like the idea. Even back to the nax - chi ideograms. Makes me think I got to spend a year down in Yunnan like my friends tell me.

Pardon my pronunciation, I speak Mandarin, Guo Yu / Pu Dong Huar... obviously  the dialect is Yunnan - southern China in "naxidong".

I love the form thing because it looks like - at least in this case - something reminiscent of a lamp or a vase. I invented a whole series of poems based on mathematical progressions, which I claim copyright to here - called the Mids©. They are stored away on my google secure site somewhere. I have written thousands of poems. And I don't care I just can't stop. Some day I may start to collect them into one place in order to call it a book. But somehow I am not crazy about the idea of books yet, perhaps the time will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment